We are principal lenders, not brokers, who make Residential and Commercial loans from £150,000 to £10m for up to twenty-four months.
With a 25-year track record, we are an experienced, dedicated team of property finance professionals who understand both commercial and residential property loans and development finance. Put simply, property lending is our business.
We provide first and second charge loans secured by residential and commercial property to homeowners, the property industry and business community and site and construction finance for residential and commercial property developers. Working closely with brokers and borrowers as a team, we combine strong personal values with wide-ranging visions to create ongoing relationships. We don’t like to say “no” and always go the extra mile to complete your loan. If you have a bridging or development finance requirement, talk to us – we are the people who deliver.
As Principal Lenders with an in-house credit committee, we invest shareholders’ funds and we make our own decisions and keep to them. We are not subject to external tensions and provide certainty of completion.
ABC (Cheval) is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) and is authorised by them to provide Regulated Loans secured on owner-occupied homes.
We go that extra mile to find a way to say ‘yes’. With on-the-spot Business Development Managers who are in constant, direct contact with our Underwriters, Management and Board at Head Office, we enjoy a short chain of command and respond swiftly to urgent or unusual requirements.
We are members of our industry’s main trade bodies, the Association of Short Term Lenders and are also patrons of the National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers (“NACFB”).
Southern Group Limited was founded by Brian Rubins and his family in 1992. Since then it has significantly increased in size but remains a family owned and managed business dedicated to property finance.
- 1992: Southern Group Limited and subsidiaries incorporated as a lender and property finance intermediary
- 1997: Property Finance Limited incorporated, focused on short-term loans as a principal and originated 118 loans
- 2008: Intermediary services ceased and Property Finance Limited rebranded and relaunched as Alternative Bridging Corporation Limited (“ABC”)
- 2013: Cheval Commercial Finance Limited (“Cheval”) purchased and incorporated into ABC to provide an authorised platform for Regulated Loans
- 2015: Offices moved to Borehamwood in anticipation of accommodating additional underwriters and larger support team for BDMs
- 2016: BDM team expanded to provide on the spot coverage in Midlands, North and South West
- 2017: ABC Director of Sales expands the London and South East team due to growth demands in London regions
- 2018: Alternative Bridging Corporation Limited, opens a dedicated Midlands office to facilitate the expansion of its business in the region
Put simply, property lending is our business